Total War: ROME REMASTERED delivers a modern gaming experience all whilst maintaining the original Total War formula which has captivated strategy gamers for over two decades. With new and improved features such as fully overhauled visuals, ultra-high-definition resolution support, an expanded faction roster and improved accessibility, there has never been a better time to take back your empire.
"What better excuse than the twentieth year of Total War to revisit a grand master?" says Rob Bartholomew, Chief Product Officer at Creative Assembly, "The original release of Rome marks a special time for us as our first major break-out title; it's amazing to get the opportunity to Remaster it with our friends at Feral".
“Working to remaster a classic such as Rome, has been an exhilarating challenge: a bit like recutting the crown jewels” says David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “We are delighted with the result and hope that fans of this fantastic franchise will be too".
Total War: ROME REMASTERED Features:
- Improved Visuals: Total War: ROME REMASTERED ushers the classic strategy title into the modern gaming era with full 4K visuals, native support for ultra-high-definition resolution and overhauled environment, battlefield, and character models.
- New Gameplay Content: Wage war across new fronts with 16 previously unplayable factions to play on top of the original 22, and send the new Merchant agents on missions to establish lucrative trade networks across the map, buy out rival Merchants, and assert your empire’s economic power.
- Modernised Features: Players can exercise more control than ever with new features such as a tactical map during battles, plus heat maps and icon overlays in campaign mode. Existing mechanics have also been improved, including an overhauled diplomacy system, wider camera zoom levels throughout the game, and camera rotation on the campaign map.
- Improved Help Systems: A swathe of improved support has been added, including a redesigned tutorial, a new in-game Wiki, expansive advice and tooltips, and improved accessibility for colour blind players.
- Cross-platform Multiplayer: Players can enjoy cross-platform PVP multiplayer between Windows, macOS and Linux, a first for the Total War franchise.
- Complete Original Content: Total War: ROME REMASTERED includes the Barbarian Invasion and Alexander expansions in glorious new detail, and players will also gain access to the original ROME: Total War Collection (only playable on Windows).
Pre-order Total War: ROME REMASTERED from Steam today, or directly from Creative Assembly via the Rome Remastered Store, or Feral Interactive via the Feral Store. Players who already own the original game on Steam can purchase Total War: ROME REMASTERED for 50% off until June 1st 2021. Further details can be found on the Total War FAQ here.
For more information about Total War: ROME REMASTERED and the other Total War games in development, visit www.totalwar.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Subscribe to Total War’s YouTube Channel for future news about gameplay videos.
About Total War™:
With more than 34.3 million copies sold, Total War is one of the most established and critically acclaimed series in gaming. A drive for historical authenticity and superb gaming quality has helped establish the franchise as one of the most successful PC games of all time. Alongside the core historical-based games, the Total War series has expanded to include free-to-play mobile (Total War Battles™: KINGDOM), fantasy epics (Total War™: WARHAMMER®), and historical snapshots (Total War Saga™: THRONES OF BRITANNIA). www.totalwar.com
About Creative Assembly™:
The Creative Assembly Ltd. is one of Europe's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 700, amassed a wealth of awards, including multiple Best Place to Work awards and recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards. www.creative-assembly.com
About Feral Interactive Ltd.:
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher of games for the macOS, Linux, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch platforms, founded in 1996 and based in London, England. It is responsible for such hits as XCOM® 2 Collection for iOS, Alien: Isolation™ for macOS, Linux and Nintendo Switch, GRID™ Autosport for iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch, ROME: Total War™, Tropico™, and Company of Heroes™ for iOS and Android, Life is Strange 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider®, Total War: THREE KINGDOMS, XCOM® 2, and Company of Heroes™ 2 for macOS and Linux. Visit the Feral Interactive website and find us on Twitter or Facebook.
About SEGA® Europe Ltd.:
SEGA® Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA CORPORATION and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. SEGA wholly owns the video game development studios Two Point Studios, Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Amplitude Studios, Sports Interactive and HARDlight. SEGA Europe’s website is located at www.sega.co.uk